Media

Trump Adviser Jason Miller Launches ‘Cancel-Free’ Social Media Platform

By

Former Donald Trump senior adviser Jason Miller launched a new social media platform on Sunday, using the July 4 holiday to declare “independence” from Big Tech.

Miller announced that the platform, which he calls “GETTR” and says evolved from the idea of “getting together” as a community on social media, officially launched at 10 a.m. ET.

“GETTR is a direct challenge to the social media oligarchs from Silicon Valley, and what better day to declare independence from their woke tyranny than July 4th?” Miller, GETTR’s chief executive officer, said in a statement.

“GETTR is the marketplace of ideas. We will not cancel people for their political opinions, and GETTR offers far more features and better technology than anything else out there.”

Miller last week told Fox News – which was first to report on the new platform – that the July 4 launch was “very much intentional.” He emphasized that it “ties in with Independence Day….Independent from social media monopolies, independent from cancel culture; embracing free speech.”

On Sunday, he touted that while GETTR was only available for a short time during Beta testing, it surged into the top 10 among all free Apps downloaded from the Apple App Store and ranked third among social networking Apps. He added that GETTR ranked two among all free Apps in the Google Play App Store, ahead of the launch.

Miller pointed to what he called “the explosion of interest in GETTR,” and stressed that the platform is not just for conservatives but “for people of… (Read more)

Comments are closed.