Politics

Coronavirus Video: City of 1 million inhabitants completely deserted

By

All of Italy, a country of 60 million people, is currently under lockdown and the government has called on people to respect the restrictive measures until at least April 3. 

The extraordinary move, announced late on Monday, marks the most radical step a Western country has taken so far to combat the new coronavirus.

Late on Monday, Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte announced a nationwide lockdown to limit the spread of coronavirus.

“There won’t be a red zone,” Conte told reporters. “But there will be Italy, a whole protected zone.”

People will be allowed to travel only if there are “urgent, verifiable work situations and emergencies or health reasons”, he said.

Watch the video of the first night in Naples, a city of 1 million inhabitants. 

At 7pm completely deserted:

Recommended for you

Comments are closed.