Just when you thought you’d seen the last of Hillary Clinton, she pops back up like the turd that won’t flush.
A top political commentator thinks he’s got evidence that Hillary will run against Trump in the 2020 presidential election.
Politico Magazine writer Matt Latimer lays out several reasons why he thinks Hillary’s still shooting for the White House:
- She shut down the Clinton Global Initiative slush fund to minimize liabilities to her political career. Why else would she forgo all that easy money?
- She allowed rumors about her running for mayor of New York City to circulate, when she could have easily shut them down. And those rumors bolstered the notion that Hillary’s not a political has-been.
- She’s still publicly trolling President Trump, almost as if the election campaign never ended.
- She’s signed yet another book deal to make sure everyone knows she’s still totally relevant.
- In her concession speech, Hillary gave no indication she was going to retire from political life.
Latimer is fairly confident of his prediction:
“Yes, barring some calamity, Clinton is running. And this brave columnist will go one step further. Not only will Clinton run again, she has an excellent shot at getting the Democratic Party nomination again. But only if she approaches it quite differently.”